Mississippi Teacher Corps. 'Nuff said.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lovely

Today when I got out of school I found that my bicycle had been vandalized. It was securely locked to a pole, but the wheels and fenders were all bent out of shape, as well as the seat post knocked out of alignment. It looks like somebody kicked it several times; I really cannot think of any other plausible explanation. Of course this is pretty disappointing. I just called my principal as soon as I got home to see if anything could be done. He said he would check with the district office. I mean, if a teacher had their tires slashed at school, are you really telling me nothing would be done to try and catch who did it?

This is the sort of incident that really makes you feel pretty bad about doing what you are doing where you are doing it. The sort of thing that makes people want to quit altogether and just go home. I am not going to quit, but my immediate feelings are: (1) I wish I could find out who did this so I can press charges. (2) Damn sure I am not sticking around Mississippi any longer than I have to.

In the end, I will probably just have to let go of the bad feelings and move on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Monroe said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bike. Don't let it get you down too much.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

 
Blogger Lily said...

That's absolutely rotten. Two weekends ago, some neighborhood kid threw a brick through my back windshield while my car was parked at the house. The police investigated and determined it was one of my students. However, nothing's happened to him yet. I see him every 7th period.

I'm sorry it happened to you, too.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer. Your bike's a primary mode of transportation, so it really sucks. I'm sorry that happened. Darkness can really strike back when the light shines in.

Friday, October 27, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home